August 20, 2008

We Need This One


This is the only favorable pitching match-up of the Toronto series tonight. Pettitte versus David Purcey. Purcey is 2-3 with a 5.93 ERA in 6 starts. We need to punish this guy early and often.

By the way...I miss the old Blue Jays' uniforms as pictured above. They remind me of Dave Stieb. The new uni's look like the Rays'. When the two teams play each other I don't know who's who.



....BASES LOADED NO OUTS...AROD up in the first. I say he strikes out....Let's see what happens...He pops out to short right. Runners hold. Productive at bat from the best player in the game. But thanks to the Giambino and The X Man we get 2 runs. The punishment has commenced.

...For all the talk of Derek Jeter's demise....he's 2 for 2 bringing his average to .297. He could very easily have a hot September and end up hitting .310 to .315. I know his power numbers are down but power numbers are down throughout the Majors. All in all he's having a very good year.

It's 5-1 going into the 8th. Funny how easy the game looks when you get a well-pitched ballgame and you score some runs. It's not over but Pettitte is cruising. Boston is losing in Baltimore. Maybe we can pick up a game. I hope, I hope.

Ok. We got one. Now we need to find a way to beat Halladay tomorrow. Good Luck , Mr Ponson. You're going to need it.

No comments: